Last updated on 13 July 2021
In 2016 the production and farming from hemp-derived CBD was legalized, as long as the content of THC is or less than 0.3%. There are no limits on possession of hemp-derived CBD products in Pennsylvania and no need for a prescription or recommendation of a physician, unless the CBD contains marijuana.
Is Cannabis legal in Pennsylvania?
CBD Oil derived from marijuana is treated by law the same way as medical marijuana as is only legal for qualified patients. Recreational use is illegal. Medical marijuana cardholders are allowed to possess a 30-day supply.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Anxiety disorders
- Cancer, including remission therapy
- Chronic or intractable pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Damage to the brain or spinal cord
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid addiction
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sickle cell anemia
- Spastic movement disorders
- Terminal illness
- Tourette syndrome
Are there any penalties for using Cannabis in Pennsylvania?
CBD is legal in Pennsylvania. Recreational use of cannabis is illegal in Pennsylvania and can be punished with up to a year in prison and a maximum fine of $5,000.