Last updated on 18 October 2021
Summer is here and that means millions of people are prepared to enjoy the great outdoors. Spending more time outdoors raises the exposure of our skin to the sun’s damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays. With skin cancer on the rise, it is more important than ever to keep your skin healthy! Fortunately, CBD oil can help alleviate many common skin conditions.
Our skin is a vital body organ. It facilitates proper regulation of body temperature, sensation, and protection. However, to ensure that it functions effectively, proper care is a necessity. When applied topically, some compounds in CBD bind to the cell receptors in the skin’s immune cells and can actually treat allergic reactions on the skin.1
Sometimes in life, our skin gets exposed to some harsh conditions. Whether it be extreme cold or the blistering heat, our skin can take a beating sometimes and needs some extra care. For instance, acne, sunburn, bug bites, and other inflammatory skin conditions can be painful, itchy and very uncomfortable. Eventually, the discomfort will drive people crazy and they will begin searching left and right for treatment. Consequently, trying out various medications, creams and visiting a number of doctors in the name of getting rid of the problem. Below is an overview of how CBD oil can help with many common skin conditions.
What are the uses of CBD oil on the skin?
Cannabidiol commonly referred to as CBD, is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. This chemical compound is key in treating different skin ailments. CBD oil is usually made from CBD extracts found in cannabis. It is then diluted by a carrier oil, for instance, hemp seed or coconut oil. Here are more uses of CBD oil for skin:
- Since CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, they effectively reduce any sign of pain and acne2.
- CBD Oil can nourish and soothe the skin. The carrier oil moisturises dry skin.
- Regulates skin oil production thus ensuring only sufficient oil is produced for improved skin performance3.
- Reduces skin wrinkles, averting aging signs. The oil comprises of anti-aging properties, which minimize wrinkles and fine lines4
- Treats skin conditions like atopic dermatitis. It is rich in omega -3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These nutrients are necessary for treating atopic dermatitis5.
How To Use CBD Creams on the Skin
CBD creams have several uses. Using the CBD creams correctly will not only give reliable results but also curb uncomfortable symptoms. Check out below our step-by-step guide on how to use your CBD cream.
How to use CBD Creams on the skin:
1. Know Where to Apply
To heal pain or acne, one must know where it is coming from. That is the exact spot to apply the CBD cream. In case you have no specific nagging area, just apply the cream on the most common sore points.
2. Clean The Area
Daily, people come in contact with several invisible contaminants and bacteria. These minute bacteria and contaminants get stuck on the skin without knowledge. Thus, you are required to rinse the area before applying CBD cream. Just take a moist towel and scrub the affected area to remove the contaminants. Afterward, dry the area before applying CBD oil cream. Though it is a simple task, it ensures the CBD is effective.
3. Apply The Cream Generously And Vigorously
The affected area needs to get sufficient supply of the cream. However, this does not mean overdoing it. As you apply CBD cream, strongly rub and massage the affected area. You can apply it for a second or even the third time.
4. Be Patient
Do not expect the pain to go away immediately. Wait patiently as the CBD cream makes your condition more bearable.
These practices should be adhered to whenever you use CBD cream. They are of great importance in ensuring overwhelming results.
Common Reasons Customers use CBD Cream
However, CBD creams will help you combat this problem. They have anti-inflammatory properties that minimize any inflammation. Therefore, your skin will not swell at any one moment. Besides, they interact with your skin endocannabinoid receptors, getting rid of any painful and itchy skins.
- Chronic prickling
- Deprivation of happiness.
An urgent treatment might come in handy. CBD creams are well suited for this function. They have anti-inflammatory properties that curb any form of pain.
While CBD is generally considered safe, some people will experience some side effects. Due to allergy, you should always check the ingredients list in any creams, before using it.
Recommended article: CBD Oil Side Effects: The Complete Guide
Read about the experience people have had using CBD products for treating skin conditions.*
I strongly recommend Nordic Oil…
“I strongly recommend Hemppedia products. I have been using Valkirye cream for almost 3 months now and I haven’t had any acne breakout since then”
15% Oil and cream
“Ordered, delivered, works. I ordered 15% oil and cream against eczema. Skin became significantly better, itching has subsided. Thanks to the oil I feel more mobile. I will certainly order supplies.”
Skin is a vital body organ. It has to be given all the necessary care it deserves. This is of great significance to ensure it continues to fulfill its intended purpose. As a health sensitive person, you need to ensure you take in the right food and do some regular checkups to ensure your skin is always in good condition.
Unfortunately, you might get a skin condition that will make you completely uncomfortable. Whenever this occurs, do not panic. There is a perfect remedy for you in the name of CBD creams. However, as you use this cream, be aware of the side effects and have a treatment plan on board.
- Petrosino, Stefania, et al. „Anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol, a nonpsychotropic cannabinoid, in experimental allergic contact dermatitis.“ Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 365.3 (2018): 652-663.
- Nagarkatti, Prakash, et al. „Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs.“ Future medicinal chemistry 1.7 (2009): 1333-1349.
- Oláh, Attila, et al. „Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes.“ The Journal of clinical investigation 124.9 (2014): 3713-3724.
- Plant Stem Cells: Breaking New Ground in Skincare.“ (2011)
- Changoer, Lekhram, and George Anastassov. „Method to treat atopic dermatitis.“ U.S. Patent Application No. 16/106,524
- Miller, Richard J., and Rachel E. Miller. „Is cannabis an effective treatment for joint pain.“ Clin Exp Rheumatol 35.107 (2017): S59-S67.
- Oláh, A., Markovics, A., Szabó-Papp, J., Szabó, P., Stott, C., Zouboulis, C. and Bíró, T. (2016). Differential effectiveness of selected non-psychotropic phytocannabinoids on human sebocyte functions implicates their introduction in dry/seborrhoeic skin and acne treatment. Experimental Dermatology, 25(9), pp.701-707.
- Wilkinson, J. and Williamson, E. (2007). Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis. Journal of Dermatological Science, 45(2), pp.87-92.
- Nagarkatti, Prakash, et al. „Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs.“ Future medicinal chemistry 1.7 (2009): 1333-1349
- Russo, Ethan B. „Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid‐terpenoid entourage effects.“ British journal of pharmacology 163.7 (2011): 1344-1364.APA
With close to two decades of successful stint in the Media industry, I felt I was surely missing a piece in my life puzzle. I took a break and set out to seek the purpose of my life. I travelled, lived out of a suitcase, let things flow into life without resisting, and after five challenging years, I found my rhythm. I love to write about Cannabis and Health and try my best to simplify esoteric concepts into simple ideas for life.